The Parish Council has taken care to find reliable sources of information but are unable to guarantee the information on the websites linked to.
Oh yes - plenty of them - all quite different in character - and all within a few miles of the village. Here are the closest.
The village has two Defibrillators (also known as AED's - Automatic External Defibrillators) that are kept in unlocked blue cabinets and are accessible to everybody 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They are sited at:
They are very sophisticated pieces of equipment supplied by the South West Ambulance Trust, and will talk the user through the process - it is not possible for them to deliver a 'shock' when it is not required.
The station at Pewsey is a charming Victorian station, reminiscent of the halcyon days of the 'Railway Children'. It is on the mainline from Paddington, through Reading, Newbury, Westbury, Exeter and Plymouth on down to Penzance. There are several trains each day to and from London that accommodate quite a few commuters (although the weekend service is a bit sparse!), and the journey time is typically just over an hour, see trainline for details.
But be warned - the line from Paddington to Newbury is being electrified. Local lobbying is trying to get the electrification extended to Westbury, because the current service in terms of numbers of trains stopping at Pewsey, and the 'direct' element of the service, could be affected.
There is a local bus service that connects some of the villages (including Woodborough) with both Pewsey and Devizes. This is the 'Connect2Wiltshire' service that took over from the ground-breaking 'Wigglybus' service of yesteryear! There are also connections at Pewsey for Marlborough and Swindon to the north, and Salisbury to the south.
Woodborough parish church, dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene, is first mentioned in 1258 when the advowson was disputed. It has an ashlar 12th century nave and chancel, the bell house is possibly 14th century, the porch 18th century and the chancel was re-built around 1818 Two houses were registered as dissenters meeting places. The Methodist chapel, built in 1820 had seating for 134 people, including 32 in the gallery. In 1851 the average attendance was 90 - 100. The chapel closed in 1970.
There are two very useful sites that give lots of information about the Pewsey Vale in particular, and Wiltshire in general. They are;